Wild West Steelhead is a fully integrated producer, controlling all stages of production, from egg incubation to finished, boneless fillets, ready for the consumer. Our state-of-the-art hatchery, superior growing environment and processing plant all combine to bring the consumer the highest quality product possible. Rich color, superior taste, consistent freshness, on-time delivery and experience has made Wild West Steelhead Canada's preferred Steelhead supplier
The clear, cool waters of Lake Diefenbaker make it one of Saskatchewan's most popular fishing lakes, and provide a superior environment for raising premium steelhead trout. Lake Diefenbaker, a large freshwater body, boasts more than 800 kilometers, or 500 miles, of shoreline and is fed by the cool, pristine waters of the Rocky Mountains.
In business since 1992, Wild West Steelhead is one of Canada's largest steelhead producers.
Current Job Opportunities
Competitive Wage and benefits package. Days of work will be Monday to Thursday, 10 hr days (to a max 40 hrs/week, potentially some OT).
This position is responsible to the Processing Supervisor for a variety of services and procedures related to fish processing and sanitation.
Key Areas of responsibility:
- Fish processing, packing and duties related to the preparation and loading of product for shipment to customers.
- Performing sanitation services to the processing plant and site in general.
- Meeting requirements and standards of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency in regards to Hazard Analyses Critical Control Points (HACCP) and QMP (Quality Management Plan).
- Performs other duties as required.
Key skills and Competencies Required:
- Customer focused service orientation.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and good public relations.
- Committed to working in a team environment.
- Ability to follow established operating practices and procedures and to achieve or surpass processing standards determined for quality and quantity.
Competitive wage and benefits package. Days of work will be Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day.
General Duties are as follows:
- General Maintenance
- Preventative care of processing equipment
- Preventative care of production equipment
- Preventative care of hatchery equipment
Key Skills and Competencies Required:
- high level of knowledge of vehicles, boats and boat motors of all types
- heavy equipment experience (telehandler and crane)
- ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- must demonstrate an ability to keep a clear and level head with a varied and demanding workload
- capability of multi-tasking to meet demanding deadlines
- willing to work flexible hours
- must demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers, fellow employees and the management team
- ability to work independently
- proven analytical and problem-solving skills
Please call or forward a resume/application to: Wild West Steelhead Attn: Dean Foss Box 190, Lucky Lake, SK S0L 1Z0 Phone (306) 858 2208 Fax (306) 858 2286 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org